Material Handler I, 1st shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: August 5, 2019
Job DescriptionWard Hill, MA 1st shift
How will you make an impact?
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
The Shipper is responsible for overall order fulfillment by
performing shipping duties. This position takes direction from the
Lead Shipper/Shipping Supervisor and the Shipping Manager.
Job Responsibilities: Verify order to be shipped: Look at order
sheet and match appropriate materials to that order.
- Choose appropriate size of packaging: Utilize Department of
Transportation standards to verify appropriate packaging of box and
materials. Seal package.
- Label package: Look up Department of Transportation regulations
regarding hazards labeling for domestic and international
- Prepare package for pick-up: Weigh package and enter data onto
manifest, apply shipping label and call currier for pick-up. Place
package on staging for pick-up.
- Respond to shipping inquiries as needed: Clarify shipping
dates, times, etc. by checking manifests for the information.
- Responsible for overall order fulfillment including
verification of material to be shipped, packaging selection and
labeling according to site and Department of Transportation (DOT)
and or International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Adhere to all warehouse safety guidelines and
- Other duties within the warehouse as assigned by the Department
Manager/Supervisor. Quality Responsibilities:
Observes all departmental and Quality
System procedures and work instructions. Supports Thermo Fisher s
commitment for continuous improvement by documenting process
improvement opportunities throughout the Quality System.
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Follows and abides by all EH&S policies, practices, and
procedures in association with department specific
- Demonstrates technical and procedural proficiency and
self-assuredness in applying EH&S standards.
- Responsible for contributing to audit readiness and for
participating in EH&S audits with internal Company groups,
regulatory agencies, and customers.
- Responsible for reporting all near misses, accidents, and
dangerous occurrences through the appropriate Company procedures to
ensure an investigation is initiated.
- Cooperate with all root cause investigations and follow
corrective actions and compliance with Company policies and
procedures, and all state and federal regulations occurs within
- Support the Company s commitment for environmental health &
safety by applying ISO 14001.
How will you get here?
Essential Skills and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED1 to 3
years experience in chemical shipping is strongly preferred, but we
will conduct on the job training with a proven work record with
warehousing, inventory control, or shipping experience.
- Must be able to document records in English and communicate
orally and in writing in English.
- Must be able to become certified or recertified upon expiration
of necessary certifications to include DOT and/or IATA.
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work
well with people
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of
Microsoft Office programs Skills/Experience Valued but not
- Experience in working in a chemical warehouse environment a
plus. Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This position may require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.,
heavier weights with assistance). Must be able to work an 8 - 12
hour shift while standing with periodic walking. Must be able to
handle chemicals in a safe manner while donning appropriate
personal protective equipment.
- Required to wear ASTM F 2413-05 (or ANSI Z41-1999) safety shoes
while working in the warehouse.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in
serving science, with revenues of more than $22 billion and
approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable
our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process, for
further assistance. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative
Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
protected status. Associated topics: associate, clerk, coordinator,
entry level, forklift operator, fulfillment, logistics agent,
operator warehouse, pallet, unloader Associated topics: associate,
clerk, coordinator, entry level, forklift operator, fulfillment,
logistics agent, operator warehouse, pallet, unloader
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Haverhill , Material Handler I, 1st shift, Professions , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!