Electrical & Intrumentation Technician (Haverhill EfW facility)
Posted on: December 29, 2018
Position Description About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta?s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today?s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com . Information on our facilities is available at www.covanta.com/Covanta-Map . For career opportunities, visit www.covanta.com/Careers . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek a dedicated individual who will safely work as part of a small team to maintain, diagnose, and repair all types of power plant equipment. Must be able to communicate well with groups or individuals to solve problems. Must be a self-starter. Able to prioritize work based on plant production requirements. Work independently with minimal assistance. Understands safety procedures of electrical equipment. This individual will participate in daily preventative, scheduled, and corrective maintenance activities in a safe, effective, and timely manner related to an electrical generation facility. Specific duties include but not limited to inspection, calibration, troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment and plant instrumentation. This Energy from Waste facility has equipment from 110V-23KV; most facility equipment is 480V. Facility equipment includes, but is not limited to: hydraulics, fans, pumps, conveyors and refuse cranes. This individual will responsible for daily maintenance and preventative maintenance of the Continuous Emissions Monitoring (CEMs) system. Will terminate electric motors 4160V and lower. Install conduits and wiring for new installations and repairs to existing equipment is required. Perform preventative maintenance on all plant electrical equipment is essential as well completing required documentation of work to be done and work accomplished. This individual will be responsible for reading and utilizing PLC ladder logic. Reading, interpreting, and utilizing equipment manuals for technical clarification and requisitioning parts and material is required. The employee will be required to use computer-based Maintenance Management Program (ALM) to access work orders, for both corrective and preventative. Position Requirements To be considered for this position the individual must have at least five years in industrial plant experience in the repair and maintenance of high voltage equipment and electronic instrumentation/control systems along with a High School diploma and valid Driver?s License. Must have electrical journeyman?s license or strong technical experience. Knowledge of:
- Basic understanding of power plant fundamentals to include boiler and turbine operation, ash handling equipment, and pollution control equipment
- PLCs (Allen Bradley RSVIEW, RSLIGIX 5000, SCL-500, Control Logix)
- VFDs 4160/480V
- Crane electrical controls
- Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMs) maintenance and troubleshooting components/analyzers
- Control valves, damper drives and transmitters of hydraulic, electronic and pneumatic controls calibration and maintenance
- 120V to 23KV switchgear
- MCC Controls
- 125VDC and UPS systems
- Relay logic
- Process loop controllers (Moore/Siemens) system
- Test, troubleshoot and PM various types of motors ranging from 1-1000 DC/AC horsepower
- P&IDs, schematics and equipment manual for electrical equipment installation, trouble shooting, and programming.
- Test equipment such as Megger, DLRO and DMM.
- Computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as well as Maintenance Management Program (ALM) Must be willing to be trained to operate equipment with telescoping boom and scissor lift, and well as other mobile equipment. Must be able to obtain a Massachusetts 1C Hoisting license to operate forklifts. Must be able to work overtime on a rotating on-call schedule to support plant operations as needed including nights, weekends, and holidays. May be required to work extensive overtime hours during planned and un-planned maintenance. Must be able to work in all locations within the plant, under extremes of hot and cold, and in areas of dust, noise and wet conditions. Must be able to climb a ladder 320? to access equipment and work from heights using fall protection, lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. and other manual labor to including pushing, pulling, sweeping and shoveling.?
Keywords: Covanta, Haverhill , Electrical & Intrumentation Technician (Haverhill EfW facility), Professions , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!