Company: Acadia Healthcare
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for completing all
duties involved with preventative maintenance systems within our
Behavioral Health Hospital. The ideal candidate will have related
experience in a Healthcare facility, the ability to function
independently and -work well -as -a team player. *This is a
Full-time opportunity with rotating weekend coverage Detailed
- Assists the Maintenance Director in all general repairs of the
facility and upkeep of the grounds.
- Perform general duties associated with repairs and installation
of plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration and electrical systems.
- Collects all Maintenance Repair Orders (MRO) daily at the
designated locations; performs repairs and signs MRO's to verify
- Performs carpentry work, ground maintenance, painting and roof
maintenance and repair.
- Uses supplies and equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Adheres to building codes, JCAHO codes and Life Safety codes,
and codes established by government agencies and insurance
- Observes all facility and department safety policies and
procedures. Follows facility fire, safety and evacuation plans.
Consistently maintains awareness of changes in rules and
regulations affecting department operations.
- Follows all OSHA regulations.
- Follows facility procedures related to control of equipment and
supplies within the facility. Assures that work assignment areas
are clean and equipment and supplies are stored before leaving area
on breaks and at end of shift.
- Reports to work in a clean and neat uniform and consistently
demonstrates dependability; Effectively organizes varying work
- Utilizes proper body mechanics including use of gait belts and
- Completes reports and checklists as assigned by the
- As directed by the Department Director, assists in the cleaning
and repair of the following: Inside Environment
- HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Generator system
- Sprinkler system
- Plumbing system
- Elevator system
- Electrical system
- Page system
- Smoke detectors and fire panels
- Pest control system
- Patient call light system
- Phone system
- Fire Alarm system Outside Environment
- Roof - spot patches for leaks
- Fences - repairs or replaces
- Patio Area - ensures area is clean and attractive
- Outside Lighting - periodic checks for full lighting
- Trash - picks up daily around property
- Walkways and Entrances - ensures free of obstacles, and snow
- Parking Lots - ensures parking areas are clean, free of debris
and accessible to emergency vehicles.
- Examine all painted surfaces and touches up all
chipped/scratched paint throughout the facility. Examines all wall
papered areas and repairs all rips and loose seams, and changes all
soiled ceiling tiles.
- Maintains personal availability for on-call services. Provides
weekend, holiday and vacation coverage, as needed and for emergency
repairs on a rotating basis with director and staff, which includes
carrying inside and outside beepers as required.
- Assists in the upkeep and repairs to patient areas; lighting,
handrails, door handles, furniture, beds, call cords, floors,
bathroom fixtures, televisions, walls and wallpaper, ceiling tiles
and windows and screens.
- Polices outside grounds for debris and disposes appropriately;
shovels and maintains outside walkways.
- May run errands with own transportation as assigned.
- Participates in facility education programs as assigned.
- Consistently works cooperatively with all staff and
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Haverhill , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!