Material Handler I - 1St Shift
Company: TekWissen Group
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Job DescriptionOverview: Tek Wissen Group is a workforce
management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in
the world. The below job opportunity is to one of Our clients who
offer biotechnology product development services. The Company
focuses on providing laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and
services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety, and
education. Job Title: Material Handler I - 1St Shift Duration: 3
Months Work Location: Ward Hill MA 01835 Job Type: Contract Work
Type: Onsite Job Description: Job Responsibilities:
- Receiving- responsible for accurately receiving incoming
material and add it into the AS400 inventory management
- Stocking-responsible for efficiently putting away material so
it is available as quickly as possible to be shipped to
- Order Picking- responsible for collecting customer orders,
finding the appropriate products and delivering the order and
materials to the appropriate shipping department.
- Order Shipping- responsible for overall order fulfillment
including verification of material to be shipped, packaging
selection and labeling according to site and DOT/IATA
- Product Labeling- responsible for accurately and skillfully
labeling materials with a Client label.
- Material Repackaging- responsible for repackaging products
safely as per repackaging specifications.
- Conduct daily warehouse cleaning/organization in line with the
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Observes all departmental and Quality System procedures and
- Supports Client commitment for continuous improvement by
documenting process improvement opportunities throughout the
Quality System. Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Follows and abides by all EH&S policies, practices, and
procedures in association with department specific
- Demonstrates technical and procedural proficiency and
self-assuredness in applying EH&S standards.
- Responsible for contributing to audit readiness and for
participating in EH&S audits with internal Company groups,
regulatory agencies, and customers.
- Responsible for reporting all near misses, accidents, and
dangerous occurrences through the appropriate Company procedures to
ensure an investigation is initiated.
- Cooperate with all root cause investigations and follow
corrective actions and compliance with Company policies and
procedures, and all state and federal regulations occurs within
- Support the Company's commitment for environmental health &
safety by applying ISO 14001. Essential Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proven work record with warehousing, inventory control, order
picking and/or shipping operations with 1 to 3 years warehouse
- Must be able to document records in English and communicate
orally and in writing in English.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with
- Must be able to effectively work independently and as a team.
Skills/Experience Valued but not Required:
- Experience in a chemical warehouse environment.
- Experience with an I Series (JDE/AS400).
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of
Microsoft Office programs. Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This position will require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.,
heavier weights with assistance). Must be able to work an 8-12 hour
shift in a fast paced environment. Must be able to handle chemicals
in a safe manner while donning appropriate personal protective
- Required to wear ASTM F 2413-05 (or ANSI Z41-1999) safety shoes
while working in the warehouse. TekWissen Group is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting
Keywords: TekWissen Group, Haverhill , Material Handler I - 1St Shift, Professions , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!