Supply Chain Materials Engineer (Hybrid)
Company: Cabot Corporation
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Your Role at Cabot:Cabot is looking for a Supply Chain Materials
Engineer to join the growing Inkjet Manufacturing Plant in
Haverhill, MA. This person will provide technical leadership over
key direct material suppliers to manage quality, cost,
qualifications, change management, and supply continuity, working
in collaboration with Planning, Quality, Operations, Engineering,
R&D and Purchasing. This person will help drive supply chain
continuous improvement projects to improve safety and reduce cost.
This position is considered hybrid (home office and Haverhill plant
location).How You Will Make an Impact:
- Establishes and maintains positive business relationships with
suppliers and supplier manufacturing facilities' management
- Monitor material supply continuity and lead initiatives to
manage supply risks.
- Conduct supplier multipurpose visits: assessment of supplier
current and future capabilities, lead supplier quality audits,
progress against roadmap progress, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives including, but not
limited to supplier process changes to reduce cost; qualification
of alternative supply; and supplier performance improvement.
- Assesses risk and uses analysis to communicate with senior
leadership for options and recommendations related to critical
material supply activities.
- Researches and recommends alternative raw materials
- Provides strategic input to the development of long-range
material supply roadmap to meet business targets. Ensures supplier
long-range plans are aligned with business long-range plans.
- Assists in the negotiation of global raw materials supply price
negotiations and contracts alongside Supply Chain Manager and
- Ability to evaluate suppliers Measurement Systems and effects
on Cabot products in terms of cost and quality
- Supports Product Regulatory team, alongside Supply Chain
Manager, to maintain compliance and register materials to support
new product and new market opportunities.
- Maintain processes and procedures in compliance with ISO9001
and RC14001What You Will Bring to Cabot:
- Knowledge of the products and chemical manufacturing
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Interpersonal skills to maintain business relationships with
- Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally and in
writing. Ability to succinctly present ideas and conclusions
- Effective team player; ability to work collaboratively with
others, negotiate, manage conflicts, and influence others.
- Technical knowledge of process and product technology;
knowledge of Chemical Manufacturing.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to draw well-reasoned
- Understanding of SPC, specification limits and process
capability and impact on business
- Bachelors/University degree in Engineering preferably Chemical
- > 10 years related industry experience.
Keywords: Cabot Corporation, Haverhill , Supply Chain Materials Engineer (Hybrid), Professions , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!