Child Care Coordinator
Posted on: June 26, 2022
POSITION: PART TIME CHILD CARE COORDINATORREPORTS TO: Chief
Operating OfficerPURPOSE: carries responsibility for planning and
implementation of child care services and assists with the
curriculum which helps children develop to their best
capabilities.Primary ResponsibilitiesOversee state financial
assistance program for after school program for children.
- Responsible for child intake process. Paperwork, financial
qualification and maintenance of files.
- Responsible for the overall management of the EEC, DCF, CACFP &
CCC and transportation programs including but not limited to
performing all tasks that pertain to attendance, reassessment,
intake, client records and transportation.
- Monitor and assess child's individual needs. Keep detailed
notes on child behavior and acclimation to program.
- Visit or meet with parents and assigned social workers to
obtain necessary qualification information and to update
applications as required.
- Engage with families, working to provide services if deemed
- Oversee child behavioral management. Develop trainings for
staff on behavior management. Implement behavioral plans for
children as necessary.
- Responsible for being on all field trips to manage child
- Interact with children, ensuring that case notes are done to
track progress of child in program. Case notes should be done on
each child on a bi-weekly basis.
- Contact social services agencies and the educational system to
present our program and services
- Keep Program Coordinator informed of problems, concerns, needs,
trends and activities.
- Promote public interest for Youth EmpowerHouse and the program
by participating in community functions.
- Manage and oversee CACFP program, administer meals, creating
monthly menus and maintaining all reporting necessary for
licensing. Ensure that kitchen area is in clean condition and that
all equipment is safe.
- Responsible for ensuring full utilization of contracts, salary
adjustments will be tied to utilization of contracts. During
afterschool, utilization is 52. During the summer, utilization is
- Must fill in to support staff in their absence to make sure
program staffing remains in ratio per EEC licensing
- Responsible for overseeing a class and teaching informal
educational activities to children, observing them and determining
their individual needs.
- Salary will commensurate with utilization of slotsEDUCATiON
REQUIREMENT: Candidate must have a minimum of a high school diploma
with 1 year of experience in a school age setting along with 6
months of administrative/Supervisory experience or a bachelor's
degree in Early Education, Psychology, Sociology, or Education or a
similar degree area. Must have administrative/supervisory
experience and at least six months working in a school age
setting.Years Experience: 1 - 3 yearsSalary: $18 - $20
Keywords: iHire, Haverhill , Child Care Coordinator, Other , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!