Electronic Medical Records Specialist II
Company: Element Care
Posted on: May 11, 2022
The Electronic Medical Records Specialist II is a well
organized, team player who ensures accurate and timely maintenance
of the Electronic Medical Records. Incumbent serves as a member of
the Central Medical Records (CMR) team and works independently to
prioritize work and deadlines. Incumbent determines methods and
procedures to use to resolve problems and serves as an information
resource concerning the department's policies and procedures. This
position is full time Monday thru Friday 8am to 4pm. Essential
- The Electronic Medical Records Specialist II maintains the
accuracy of the demographic information into the EMR, including
entering new participants.
- Manages incoming phone calls in a professional and courteous
- Redistributes documentation not part of the EMR to appropriate
departments or individuals while ensuring HIPAA compliance.
- Responsible for work flow of the department in the absence of
the CMR manager.
- The Electronic Medical Records Specialist II processes routine
releases of information and/or reassigns to contracted
- Provides mentoring, support and direction to other EMR
- Accurately files and scans medical records into the EMR while
ensuring HIPAA compliance.
- Maintains the quality and consistency of complete and accurate
electronic medical records.
- Adheres to the EMR standards, practices and policies for the
- The Electronic Medical Records Specialist II supports the CMR
department during the CMS audit.
- Performs audits on participant charts to ensure accuracy.
- Performs other duties as required. Job Specification:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous (2-3 years) administrative or related experience
- Strong computer skills
- Strong clerical and organizational skills, with attention to
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with medical records terminology
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience mentoring staff.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred
- Experience in a clinical setting preferred
- Covid vaccines required. PI176962549
Keywords: Element Care, Haverhill , Electronic Medical Records Specialist II, Other , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!