Full-Time Assistant Director of Human Resources Operations/Title IX Coordinator
Company: Northern Essex Community College
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Full-Time Assistant Director of Human Resources Operations/Title
IX Coordinator Category: Professional Subscribe: Department: Human
Resources Locations: Haverhill, MA Posted: Nov 16, 2022 Closes:
Open Until Filled Type: Full-time Ref.No.: 268805 PositionID:
POSITION:Full-Time Assistant Director of Human Resources
Operations/Title IX Coordinator: Human Resources; Assistant
Director; Human Resources, Haverhill Campus (Lawrence Campus as
needed); 37.5 hours per week; Non-Unit Professional PositionThe
Assistant Director of Human Resources will be responsible for the
daily operations and coordination of the Human Resources function
and serve as the Title IX Coordinator for the
College.RESPONSIBILITIES: Examples of Duties: (not intended to be
an exhaustive list)
- Supervise, oversee, and support the day to day functions of
recruitment, hiring, onboarding, benefits administration, policy
development/design, and administrative support personnel.
- Develop, implement, and facilitate new hire orientation in
collaboration with Center for Professional Development.
- Develop, enhance, and drive institutional policies, processes,
procedures, systems, and practices within the HR functions to
ensure legal and regulatory compliance, while driving an enhanced
- Guide internal communications process and effectively deliver
strategies to problem solve escalated HR operational
issues/concerns between departments.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, this position
contributes to the strategic direction consistent with the
College's mission, vision, and priorities.
- Implement, coordinate, and conduct appropriate, annual training
for employees, including Conflict of interest, Request to Employ
(RTE) contracts, postings, and Personnel Action Requests (PAR), and
disseminate information to employees on the College's policies,
procedures, and resources in accordance with the Department of
Education, Office of Civil Rights, Clery Act, etc. Utilize the
KnowB4 platform for administration of certain trainings.
- Perform required federal and state reports, including but not
limited to IPEDS and Health & Welfare reporting.
- Oversee, perform, maintain and comply with union information
requests and required reports per the collective bargaining
agreements, including union seniority lists.
- Oversee the Personnel Action Request process.
- Provide leadership in investigating and resolving complaints of
sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, gender-related violence,
including stalking and intimate partner violence, and related
retaliation in accordance with the College's Policy on Affirmative
Action, Equal Opportunity, & Diversity and in conjunction with
Student Affairs if applicable.
- Exercise judgement regarding the resolution of Title IX
complaints, including informal and formal investigations.
- Lead the annual and ongoing implementation of campus-wide Title
IX training and prevention education for faculty, staff and
students in conjunction with the Office of Student Affairs.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with college
stakeholders. Provide leadership in developing consistent employee
relation standards and solutions for all employees.
- Compose and review departmental correspondence as
- Serve as a liaison between the College and MA Community College
Legal Counsel's Office on matters, as needed.
- Serve as a Grievance Hearing Officer when necessary.
- Assist with reclassification audits, including AFSCME and MCCC,
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Actively foster and maintain a climate that is supportive of
students, faculty, and staff.
- Be supportive of organizational awareness, assist with project
management and model professional ethics and behaviors for all
- Assist with implementation of the Strategic Plan, specifically
with meeting strategic goals in support of College priorities
including diversity and inclusion, employee engagement and
- Perform special projects and other related duties as
assigned.Supervision Received:Executive Director of Human
ResourcesSupervision Exercised: HR Operations Specialist (staff
associate), Benefits Coordinator (staff associate), Talent
Management Coordinator (staff assistant), and Administrative
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:The ideal candidate will be
- Highly motivated, extremely detail oriented, data driven, and a
team player with the ability to work independently with minimum
- Possesses demonstrated knowledge in the following areas:
operational leadership, project management, employee/labor
relations, conflict resolution, classification and compensation and
affirmative action/Title IX.In addition, the candidate must possess
the following credentials and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, legal studies, public
administration, business administration or a related field
required, with a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory
experience in Human Resources administration and/or operations, or
the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Title IX investigation experience, or related experience with
sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, gender-related violence
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized and detail
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse
- Master's degree preferred.
- HR/CMS experience.
- Prior Massachusetts Community College or higher education
- Five (5) years or greater supervisory experience.BACKGROUND
CHECK:Candidates will be required to pass a CORI and SORI check as
a condition of employment.COVID VACCINATION:Candidates for
employment should be aware that all Northern Essex Community
College students, faculty and staff have been fully vaccinated
since January 3, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent
upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records;
details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements
will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
SALARY:Anticipated starting salary range is $75,000.00 - 90,000.00
annually with complete fringe benefit package including competitive
health insurance, dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term
disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave,
educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent
retirement benefits.ANTICIPATED START DATE: ASAP
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a
cover letter & resume online.Northern Essex Community College is an
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic
information, maternity leave, military service and national origin
and any other protected class in its education programs and
activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of
1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of
the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The
College prohibitssexual harassment, including sexual violence.The
following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding
Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related
statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination
policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant
Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219,
email@example.com.Inquiries or complaints
concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual
violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action
Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against
Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or
the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil
Rights.Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's
Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's
Keywords: Northern Essex Community College, Haverhill , Full-Time Assistant Director of Human Resources Operations/Title IX Coordinator, Human Resources , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!