Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Northeast Med Staff
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Licensed Practical Nurse: As a Licensed Practical Nurse, you make it your mission to provide the best care possible to those who need it most. You are friendly, empathetic, caring, funny and work well with a dedicated team. Moreover, you are always seeking new challenges to help develop your Nursing skills and grow as a healthcare professional. Further still, your goal every day is to provide your patients and their families with kind compassionate care. Here at Northeast Med Staff we have a wonderful team of Healthcare Professionals that support each other throughout our network of different healthcare facilities in the Merrimac Valley Area. Our client facilities include, Long Term Care facilities, Memory Care units, Rehabilitation Centers, Adult Day Programs, Psychiatric facilities, Assisted Living residents and many others. When you join the Northeast Med Staff Team, our staffing coordinators will help you design the perfect schedule. We will help you whether you are looking for only one extra shift a week, or want 40 hours, they will help find the best shifts that fit your busy life. Please apply directly to this Ad and one of our recruiters will reach out to you. We offer training opportunities as well, for those looking to expand their skill sets. Such trainings include Dementia certification, CPR/BLS, Crisis Prevention Intervention and others. We look forward to hearing from you and having you join our team! -- Duties Include but, not limited to: --
- Educates patients and their families by assisting in preoperative, postoperative, and relevant health teaching.
- Administers medications by preparing medications; administering specified medication orally or by subcutaneous or intermuscular injection; recording dosage and time in patient record; maintaining logs.
- Provides ancillary medical care by dressing wounds; alcohol rubs, and massages; applying compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles.
- Maintains patient stability by taking and recording vital signs.
- Maintains patient nutrition by examining food trays for prescribed diet; feeding patients; recording food and fluid intake and output.
- Helps patients with daily living by bathing, dressing, and assisting patients in walking and turning.
- Keeps nursing supervisors informed by observing patients and reporting adverse reactions to medication or treatment.
- Maintains equipment and supplies by keeping catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen supplies available.
- Performs routine laboratory tests by collecting samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum.
- Prepares cadavers for mortuary by washing and dressing deceased persons.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances nursing and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job.
Keywords: Northeast Med Staff, Haverhill , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!