FULL-TIME ASSISTANT DEAN OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS
Company: Northern Essex Community College
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Location: Haverhill, Massachusetts, 01830, United StatesJob ID: 46517237Posted: 01/31/2019Position Title: FULL-TIME ASSISTANT DEAN OF HEALTH PROFESSIONSCompany Name: Northern Essex Community CollegeSector: College / UniversityEntry Level: falseMin Education: Master's DegreeFULL-TIME ASSISTANT DEAN OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS: Division of Health Professions; 37.5 hours per week; Non-Unit Professional
Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2019
ABOUT THE COLLEGE:Northern Essex Community College serves approximately 6,000 credit students each semester on two campuses located in the beautiful, historic Merrimack Valley region of northeast Massachusetts. Our suburban Haverhill campus sits on 106 acres near Kenoza Lake and features a Technology Center and an award-winning Student One-Stop Center. Our urban Lawrence campus is growing rapidly, including a Health Technologies Center and additional leased space at Riverwalk Properties. Both campuses are a short drive to Boston and to the beaches and state parks along the coast.
NECC has been building an organizational culture that prizes initiative and innovation, and seeks to identify and develop the strengths in students, faculty, staff, and programs in order to grow and improve. We are also committed to the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Our Lawrence campus was the first college in New England designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution by the U.S. Department of Education. We have significantly increased the diversity of our faculty over the last ten years, and are one of four Massachusetts colleges participating in the national Achieving the Dream initiative, which aims to improve success for low-income students and students of color at community colleges.
RESPONSIBILITIES:Assistant Dean of Health Professions oversees the strategic goals of selected programs in the Health Professions Division. Responsible for oversight of contractual requirements for faculty such as evaluating faculty, as well as scheduling courses, and recruiting instructors. In collaboration with selected Program Coordinators, the Assistant Dean is responsible for maintaining program accreditation and compliance with all pertinent accreditation regulations. In collaboration with the Dean, the Assistant Dean provides intellectual leadership, strategic planning, and visionary direction while fostering a positive atmosphere that emphasizes learning-centered teaching and professional growth for the Division of Health Professions.
The Assistant Dean:
- Collaborates with the Dean on planning for the Division, applying for and administering grants, promoting community relationships, and seeking innovative academic programming and approaches to assessment, teaching, and learning.
- In conjunction with the Dean and the other Assistant Dean contributes to the coordination of the operations of the Health Division and Center for Health Professions.
- In conjunction with the Dean of Health Professions oversees the planning, development and implementation of new programs for the Health Professions, including the recruitment, hiring, and mentoring of new faculty.
- In collaboration with the Dean and the other Assistant Dean, oversees and implements the master schedule and budget for Health Programs and assists the faculty leads with a budget and operations for the Center for Health Professions.
- Works with other areas of the College to promote the college's strategic plan and mission.
- In collaboration with the Dean, develops a recommended annual capital and operating budget for the Division and the Center for Health Professions. Contributes to the oversight of the budget.
- Initiates selected Program Coordinator personnel searches, selects and recommends candidates for hire.
- Participates in division search committees as requested.
- Supervises, guides and mentors selected Program Coordinators to achieve their highest potential in providing quality instruction.
- Provides academic leadership in working closely with selected faculty to improve student success and to ensure program-learning outcomes are effectively assessed and met.
- In collaboration with selected Program Coordinators, manages courses for master schedule.
- Represents the Health Profession programs to internal and external entities.
- Collaborates with divisions and college programs for student recruitment and successful student retention.
- Performs other duties as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- An earned Master's degree in a health profession, education or management from a regionally accredited institution is required. Post-secondary degree in a health profession.
- Substantial instructional background at an institution of higher education, including curriculum and course development, course scheduling, faculty evaluation, and learning outcomes assessment.
- Maintain expertise appropriate to administrative responsibilities.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, technical/computer skills and organizational skills are required for this position.
- Must demonstrate initiative and flexibility to accommodate program, faculty, student, and college needs that are essential to achieving program-learning outcomes.
- Ability to articulate how interdisciplinary collaboration can improve student learning.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute positively to a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student/faculty population and campus environment.
- Commitment to the comprehensive community college mission.
- Three (3) years of full-time teaching experience in a community college setting or the equivalent in part-time experience is preferred.
- Earned doctorate in related field.
- Three (3) or more years' successful experience in higher education administration.
SALARY:$70,000 - $90, 000 annually with complete fringe benefit package.
To Apply: http://necc.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=106443
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Human Resources Director Justine Caron, B-219, 978-556-3956/ firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Keywords: Northern Essex Community College, Haverhill , FULL-TIME ASSISTANT DEAN OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS, Healthcare , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!