Behavioral Health Associate
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Posted on: September 22, 2022
- Ensure the well being of patients and provide a positive,
supportive and structured environment, under direction of charge
nurse or supervisor.
- Patient safety is addressed through required rounds completed
timely. Patient room is clean and uncluttered. - Observation may be
assigned every 15 minutes, within reach of patient and/or 1:1
- Obtain patient's vital signs, height and weight as assigned.
Ensure documentation of information.
- Identify self to patient and visitors promptly and respond to
patient requests quickly.
- Engage with patient in activities and interactions designed to
encourage achievement of treatment goals.
- Respond to distressed patient in a non-threatening manner and
attempt to understand the source of distress.
- Applies de-escalation techniques to help manage patient's
emotions, behavior and participation in treatment and assist with
seclusion and restraint when necessary.
- As part of the multidisciplinary team provide safety and
increase coping skills of patient and assist in developing
strategies for helping patients to be as independent as
- Collaborate with other staff in working with the population of
the facility to treat, rehabilitate and return patient to the
- Monitor behavioral improvements and reinforce these behaviors.
Report changes and responses to treatment by communicating with
team. - Significant changes are reported to nurse immediately.
- Reinforce skills patients learn from nurses, physicians,
therapist that promote improved physical and mental wellness.
- Lead or co-lead individual or group sessions as part of
specific recreational or therapeutic procedures.
- May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs as
well as teach strategies to promote patient wellness and
- Responsible for providing personal care services to patients at
the facility under the direction of clinical or nursing
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- May oversee or assist patients with activities of daily living,
including toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene,
meals, snacks, hydration and changing bed linens.
- Deliver care based on the priority of needs and available
resources to the specific service population of the facility.
- May help with admissions and discharges.
- Assist in providing guidance and direction to other staff
members, including training of new staff.
- May provide transportation for patient or coordinate
transportation with appropriate staff member.
- Quality of work exhibited through accuracy, neatness, and
timeliness of work completed.
- Adherence to work schedule and overall attendance.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude
towards customers always. - When patient needs are not met,
acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. - Recognize that
patient safety is a top priority
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Haverhill , Behavioral Health Associate, Healthcare , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!