Customer Service Manager
Company: Town Sports
Posted on: June 4, 2019
Overview The Customer Service Manager (CSM) is responsible for
executing TSIs member retention strategy through the successful
management and monitoring of the member experience. The CSM
directly reports to the General Manager (GM). The CSM will also
work closely with and receive direction and guidance from the
Business Director or Business Manager (BD/BM). The CSM manages
Clean Team, Welcome Team and Babysitters. The Customer Service
Manager role achieves success through embodying our core
competencies (Create the TSI Environment, Build a High Performing
Team, Achieve Measurable Results). Create the TSI Environment
Models the core attributes of a successful employee with the utmost
integrity, lives the mission and empowers others to do the same;
focused on building meaningful relationships with members, their
kids and team members. Responsibilities include:
- Modeling and promoting the Clubhouse Rules.
- Being available to team members to address questions and
- Ensuring that the club provides high levels of customer
service, a consistently clean club, friendly service and responds
to member feedback.
- Creating a strong sense of team by fostering collaboration,
communication and alignment amongst team members.
- Actively listening to member and employee concerns, addressing
issues before they become problems.
- Adhering to all TSI policies and procedures including, but not
limited to timeliness, codes of conduct, uniforms and timekeeping.
Setting expectations around the same for team members. Build a High
Performing Team Actively facilitates self and team member
development; constantly seeking new ways to build skills and
competency; elevates the brand experience. Responsibilities
- Creating an environment where employees thrive and look forward
to coming to work.
- Sourcing, recruiting and onboarding qualified Welcome Team and
Clean Team members.
- Delivering relevant and effective coaching, training, feedback
and performance management to team members.
- Creating robust development plans for team members who want to
take on stretch assignments or progress to another role.
- Executing daily club walkthroughs and creating plans of action
to ensure follow through on any identified deficiencies.
- Analyzing member feedback sources to determine improvements in
processes and service.
- Regularly interacting with members to obtain, assess and
address information on member needs, expectations and levels of
- Responding to member requests and inquiries in a timely
- Acting as Manager on Duty as required. Achieve Measurable
Results Meets and exceeds company goals and metrics surrounding
employees and members; never satisfied with the status quo.
- Partnering with GM to review and analyze club profit and loss
statements and other financial reports daily to ensure club is on
track to meet sales and cost goals.
- Collaborating with GM to effectively manage costs, including
(but not limited to) labor, supplies and equipment.
- Administering scheduling and bi-weekly payroll for direct
reports and oversee such administration by other club managers.
Requirements Required Skills and Experience :
- 2-3 years of management experience in a fitness, hospitality or
retail environment, including direct experience in profit and loss
management, revenue generation and people management.
- Physical demands include ability to walk through all areas of
clubs, and bending and lifting (e.g., picking up towels, restacking
of weights, moving of equipment as necessary).
- Able to work a full-time flexible schedule that meets the needs
of the business, including mornings, evenings , holidays, weekends
and 12-hour close-out shifts.
- AED/CPR Certified.
- AA or BA/ BS degree (preferred)
- California Applicants Only: All California applicants applying
to a location that works with children must be certified and
registered through Trustline. Scheduling Requirements: Due to the
nature of the business, Town Sports has specific scheduling
guidelines for this position.
- Team Members are required to work 3 out of the last 4 days of
the month, with the last day of the month being mandatory.
- TSI does not authorize vacation time in the months of January
- This position does not have a set schedule month-to-month and
is subject to changes based on the needs of the business.
Keywords: Town Sports, Haverhill , Customer Service Manager, Executive , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!