Production Control Manager
Company: Magellan Aerospace
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company
that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft
and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and
experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful
future, and together we build professional relationships that
thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the
success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting new opportunity for a
Production Control Manager. The successful incumbent will play a
critical role in overseeing and optimizing the production
scheduling and control processes. The Production Control Manager
will be responsible for managing the flow of materials, ensuring
on-time production, and coordinating with various departments to
achieve operational efficiency and meet customer demands. This
position requires strong leadership skills, excellent
organizational abilities, and a deep understanding of aerospace
- Production Scheduling: Develop and maintain an effective
production schedule that aligns with customer requirements,
capacity constraints, and inventory levels.
- Regularly review and adjust the schedule as needed to meet
changing demands and priorities.
- Inventory Management: Monitor and control raw material,
work-in-process (WIP), and finished goods inventory levels to
minimize carrying cost while ensuring uninterrupted
- Demand Forecasting: Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and
other relevant departments to accurately forecast customer demands
and plan production accordingly.
- Resource Allocation: Allocate resources, including labor,
equipment, and materials, to maximize production efficiency while
maintain quality standards.
- Production Monitoring: Implement systems to track production
progress and identify potential bottlenecks or delays. Proactively
address issues to keep production on schedule.
- Quality Assurance: Work closely with the Quality Assurance team
to ensure compliance with industry standards and customer
specifications. Implement corrective actions as necessary to
maintain product quality.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous improvement
initiatives within the production control department to enhance
processes, reduce lead times, and improve overall plant
- Performance Metrics: Establish key performance indicators
(KPIs) and metrics to measure and report on production performance.
Provide regular reports to management on production status and
areas for improvement.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other
departments such as Engineering, Procurement, and Manufacturing to
foster a collaborative work environment and ensure smooth
communication and coordination.
- Capacity Planning: Conduct capacity planning to ensure the
plant can meet future production demands and identify potentials
resource constraints in advance.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor the production control team,
providing guidance, training, and performance feedback to foster a
high-performing and motivated workforce.
- Compliance and Safety: Ensure that all production processes
adhere to safety regulations, company policies, and aerospace
- Membership of Corporate Procurement Council, rotating Co-Chair
position monthly meeting, weekly reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business
Administration, or related field.
- Professional license and certification
- Proven experience in production control, planning, or
scheduling with aerospace manufacturing industry 5 - 10 years work
- Experience with (ERP) and (MRP) Systems and production
scheduling software. Strong knowledge of aerospace manufacturing
processes and quality standards. Lean principles
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities to work
collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong Leadership and people management skills to motivate and
guide the team. Action oriented.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of
personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose
to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment
and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications
without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender,
disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious
belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)
Keywords: Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill , Production Control Manager, Executive , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!