Chief Operating Officer
Company: B.E. Smith
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Join this Massachusetts nonprofit as the new innovative Chief
Operating OfficerThe Position
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will oversee interaction
within the community and government affiliates, as well as human
resources management and recruitment, reporting, and the outreach
to ACOs (accountable care organizations).
- Focusing on understanding of homelessness and HUD requirements,
housing, vulnerability of population, understanding of funding
sources, resourceful, collaborative, approachable, partnership,
knowledge of government funding, and connection to the
- The COO will prepare and review all grant applications and
contracts, as well as associated required reports.Ensure that all
Emmaus program activities operate consistently and ethically within
the mission and values of the organization.
- Must have the desire to help the population they serve, be a
hard worker who will roll up their sleeves, must be flexible with
the ability to pivot, respectful, and can listen to the people in
charge of the program.
- Seeking a candidate with experience in managing people on a
higher level/diverse group of individuals. Must have a knowledge of
annual reports and general operations, as well as an understanding
of the homeless and vulnerable population.Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters preferred.The Organization
- Founded in 1985, Emmaus is a non-profit organization that
provides emergency shelter, develops affordable housing, and serves
individuals and families within the Lower Merrimack Valley area
that are facing homelessness, disadvantages, disabilities, and
- Emmaus owns and operates two emergency shelters, providing
shelter for up to dozens of families and individuals consistently
throughout the year. Mitch's Place is a 30-bed shelter, offering
overnight shelter and resources for homeless individuals. The
Emmaus Family Shelter offers shelter for up to 54 families at one
time, offering meals, beds, and additional resources.
- In addition to providing emergency shelters, Emmaus owns and
offers 34 affordable housing units for disabled members throughout
their community. This includes physical/mental health, HIV,
substance abuse, and other disabilities. Emmaus strives to provide
these services to create the opportunity for individuals to live
independently, while recovering and receiving adequate
- Since 2016, Emmaus has offered the D'Youville Center in an
effort to further support clients with social and emotional growth.
These services include parenting workshops, financial education,
health and wellness classes, food distribution, and so much more.
Additionally, the D'Youville Center is focused on connecting
families and individuals with a network of resources to strengthen
their support system, while providing them with the necessary tools
to succeed.The Community
- Nestled in Essex County lies Haverhill, Massachusetts, just 35
miles north of Boston, Massachusetts.Established in 1640,
Haverhill, Massachusetts, is one of the oldest communities within
the state and is known historically for its significant shoemaking
industry and has been nicknamed "Queen Slipper City".
- Haverhill, Massachusetts offers an array of recreational
activities including walking/jogging trails, bike trails, a public
skating rink, skiing, and a sailing program located right on the
infamous Merrimack River.
- Enjoy a day in Haverhill's downtown while you enjoy an array of
culinary experiences, shop your way through Washington Street Shoe
District, experience history within on of the 12+ museums, or take
a stroll on the boardwalk.
- Haverhill offers many educational opportunities, including both
public and private school districts. In addition, the city is home
to multiple colleges including Northpoint Bible College, and
Northern Essex Community
Keywords: B.E. Smith, Haverhill , Chief Operating Officer, Executive , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...