Finance Manager Haverhill MA
Company: Magellan Aerospace
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Position Summary Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting
opportunity for a Finance Manager. In this role the successful
incumbent will plan, organize, manage, and control the accounting
and control function of the division, reports operational results,
and provide chronological systems. The end result to work towards
will be providing accurate profit planning, sales forecasts,
expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards and saving
opportunities, and capital investing, together with the necessary
controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.Perks and Benefits
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career
opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits
packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and
- Coordinate and administer an adequate plan for the control of
- Compare performance with operating plans and standards.
- Provide reports and interpret the results of operations to all
levels of management, including the formulation of accounting
policies, the preparation of financial statements and operating
data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special
reports as required.
- Forecast short-range and long-range cash requirements and
obligations, as a basis for maintaining adequate funds.
- Assure protection for the assets of the business through
internal control, internal auditing, and ensuring proper insurance
- Monitor credit and collection applications. Approve terms above
a predetermined dollar amount.
- Assist Programs in establishing and maintaining product pricing
- Provide other company units with related information required
by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Establish and implement a sound operational and organizational
plan in direct support of the business plan.
- Keep the Division Manager informed of the division's
performance and provides advice on all financial matters.
- Execute cash disbursements for payment of corporate and
divisional expenditures in accordance with disbursement and
- Monitor inventory levels and advises management regarding
variances to budget.
- Develop and recommend budget. Authorize expenditures in
accordance with budget.
- Develop short- and long-range operating objectives,
organizational structure, and staffing requirements.
- Assure that the duties, responsibilities, and authority of each
job are clearly defined, effective, and communicated to
- Assure that management training and development needs are
identified and programs initiated.
- Develop an adequate plan for backup and succession of
management and other key personnel.
- Monitor performance of direct reports. Provide prompt and
objective coaching and counseling.
- Review direct reports and approves performance appraisals
initiated by direct reports.
- Ensure that an MBO-based performance appraisal system is
- Consult with all segments of management responsible for policy
or action. Make recommendations for improving the effectiveness of
policy or practices.
- Ensure optimum performance of the function. Recommend and
implement techniques to improve productivity, increase
efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and
maintain state-of-the-art practices.
- Keep abreast of current trends and practices in field of
expertise. Assume other special activities and responsibilities
from time to time as directed.Position Requirements
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 8 years' experience ideally gained through
increasingly responsible management positions within Finance
- A minimum of 2 years' recent experience as a Controller with
responsibility for accounts, budgeting, cost accounting, credit and
collections, and finance. Preferably annual sales of $25 million to
- Possess affiliations with successful manufacturing
- Knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems,
well-developed financial analysis capabilities, and demonstrated
ability to manage microcomputer operations and applications
- Sound administrative skills.
- Well-developed management skills-principles and people.
- Superior numeric skills.
- Satisfactory communication skills, written and verbal.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in
order to balance staffing strength with profitability.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Results- and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other
- Excellent organization skillsCOVID-19 Protocol: Magellan
Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work
environment for our employees. Magellan's policy states that the
use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable
legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety
regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are
screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social
distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize
stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have
been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health
guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although
mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to
change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination
status with respect to changes in legislation.InclusivenessMagellan
Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected
veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill , Finance Manager Haverhill MA, Accounting, Auditing , Haverhill, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!